Recreational Therapies help introduce the person to a new environment that is not influenced by substance use.
It's Time for Recreational Therapy!
Client's are able to take a moment and enjoy all the awesome things Great Falls has to offer during Recreational Therapy!
Some of the special activities include: Participating in art classes, gardening, kite flying, visiting historical places, enjoying many outings to parks, spend great days walking on trails, playing a game of basketball, foosball or volleyball, taking time out to go to the gym, watching movies, bowling and so much more! These are just some of the great activities clients will enjoy during their stay with us at Rocky Mountain Treatment Center!
4 Key Benefits of Therapeutic RecreationClient’s at Rocky Mountain Treatment Center participate daily in Recreational Therapy.
Recreational Therapy is vital to each person’s well-being and can assist an individual in many important areas of their life!
- Reduce depression and anxiety
- Improve coping behaviors
- Increase self-concept and self-esteem
- Increase or maintain communication and language skills
- Increase or maintain general cognitive functioning
- Increase or maintain short and long-term memory
Physical Health and Health Maintenance:
- Reduce cardiovascular and respiratory risk
- Improve the general physical and perceptual motor functioning
- Reduce the risk of physical complications secondary to disability
Personal and Satisfaction
- Increase life and leisure satisfaction and perceived quality of life
- Increase social support
- Increase community integration and community satisfaction
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Red Auerbach
Karaoke Every Tuesday
- Good Clean Sober Fun
- Relieves Stress and Anxiety
- Boosts Self-Esteem
- Builds Confidence
- Helps to Show Emotions and Feelings
River's Edge Trail - Stretches along both sides of the Missouri River!
Awesome Parks to ENJOY!