Recreation is an integral part of recovery. By exploring and finding life-long interests the individual comes to the realization; it is possible to have fun without the use of mind altering substances.
Recreational activities are also a valuable tool for teaching people how to accomplish goals, resolve problems, socialize while sober, and manage stressful situations without the use of drugs or alcohol.
Find Beauty and Peace in Big Sky Country!
During Recreational Therapy, clients are able to take a moment and enjoy all the awesome things Great Falls has to offer. Some of the special activities include: Participating in art classes at Paris Gibson Museum and Brush Crazy studio, visiting "Escape Rooms," karaoke, gardening, kite flying, visiting historical places such as the First Peoples Buffalo Jump and Fort Benton, enjoying outings to parks and waterfalls such as Gates of the Mountains and Black Eagle Falls, walking on nature trails, playing basketball, foosball and volleyball, working out at the gym, watching movies, bowling and so much more!
Clients at Rocky Mountain Treatment Center Participate in Recreational Therapy Every Day.
Recreational Therapy is vital to physical, mental and emotional well-being and helps clients see the adventure and joy they can find in recovery!
4 Key Benefits of Recreational Therapy
- Reduce depression and anxiety
- Improve coping skills
- Improve self-concept and self-esteem
- Increase or maintain communication and language skills
- Increase or maintain general cognitive functioning
- Increase or maintain short and long-term memory
- Reduce cardiovascular and respiratory risk
- Improve general physical and perceptual motor functioning
- Improve energy levels and endurance
- Increase life and leisure satisfaction and perceived quality of life
- Increase social support
- Increase community integration and community satisfaction
Struggling with Addiction?
We've Been There, We Can Help.
Call Us Today 406-453-5080
WE ARE IN-NETWORK WITH INSURERS AND ACCEPT PRIVATE PAY
However, currently we do not accept Medicaid or Medicare as a form of payment. Financing options are available.